Lithium iron phosphate battery and lithium battery are not the same, lithium iron phosphate battery is a kind of battery in the lithium battery family, the cathode material is mainly lithium iron phosphate material, also referred to as lithium iron battery. Lithium-ion battery cathode materials mainly include lithium cobalt acid. They also include lithium manganese acid, lithium nickel acid, ternary materials, LiFePo4 and so on. This paper will introduce in detail what is the difference between LiFePo4 batteries and lithium batteries.
What are lithium iron phosphate batteries？
Lithium iron phosphate battery refers to the lithium ion battery with lithium iron phosphate as the cathode material.
- The life of lithium iron phosphate batteries is long, cycle life is more than 2000 times;
- Safe use. Lithium iron phosphate batteries have undergone rigorous safety tests and will not explode even in a traffic accident;
- Fast charging. Using a special charger, charging 1.5C for 40 minutes can make the battery full;
- lithium iron phosphate batteries pack high-temperature resistance, LiFePo4 battery hot air value can reach 350 to 500 degrees Celsius;
- Lithium iron phosphate battery has large capacity and no memory effect;
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries are green, non-toxic, pollution-free, and has a wide range of raw materials.
What is a lithium iron phosphate batteries？
Lithium battery: lithium ion battery cathode materials mainly include lithium cobalt acid, lithium manganese acid, lithium nickel acid, ternary materials, lithium iron phosphate, etc. Lithium cobalt oxide is the cathode material used in most lithium ion batteries. It is a kind of battery with lithium metal or lithium alloy as anode material and non-aqueous electrolyte solution. Due to the chemical characteristics of lithium metal is very active, the processing, preservation and use of lithium metal. High requirements for the environment.
- high energy, high storage energy density, has reached 460-600Wh/kg, 6-7 times of lead-acid battery;
- 2, long service life, service life can reach more than 6 years;
- high rated voltage, single working voltage is 3.7V or 3.2V, about equal to the series voltage of 3 ni-CD or ni-MH rechargeable batteries, easy to form UPS power battery; The lithium battery can be adjusted to 3.0V through a new lithium batteries voltage regulator technology, suitable for the use of small appliances;
- High power bearing capacity can reach the charging and discharging capacity of 15-30C, which is convenient for high-intensity startup acceleration;
- the self-discharge rate is very low, which is one of the most prominent advantages of lithium battery, generally can do less than 1%/ month, less than 1/20 of nimH battery;
- light weight, the same volume weight is about 1/6-1/5 of lead acid products;
- high and low temperature adaptability, can be used in the -20℃- 60℃ environment, after processing, can be used in the -45℃ environment;
- lithium battery green environmental protection, no matter production, use and scrap, do not contain, do not produce any lead, mercury, cadmium and other toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances.
What is the difference between lithium iron phosphate batteries and a lithium batteries?
- Lithium battery is a kind of battery which is made of lithium metal or lithium alloy as cathode material and uses non-aqueous electrolyte solution. The chemical characteristics of lithium metal are very active, making the processing, preservation and use of lithium metal very high for the environment.
- LiFePo4 puncture does not fire or explode, lithium battery will.
- Iron lithium battery overcharged to 100% will not fire and explosion, lithium battery to the specified value will inflate.
- LiFePo4 have high-temperature resistance, more than 200 degrees after recovery can also be used. Lithium ions don't work.
- LiFePo4 can be large current discharge, 10C20C above all can, lithium ion can only discharge 3~5C.
- You can use LiFePo4 batteries to make lithium ion secondary batteries. Now the main direction is power batteries, compared with Ni-H, Ni-CD batteries has a great advantage.